Shadowrun Mythos

Case Log:001

Saturday, October 12th, 2030. 20:00
Client: Aislen Finley
Case: Missing person, brother Edward Finley
Status: Closed, resolved
(Full transcript from chat)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
START SCENE
(edited)
The date’s October 12th, 2030. Saturday.
You are currently inside your offices, it’s evening, around 18:00. The weather outside was murky the entire day and it seems that the stormclouds that have been threatening to show up the entire day have finally arrived.
It’s gonna rain soon, and it’s probably going to be rather nasty.
Work-related, it’s been a slow couple of days. After a fairly short case at the start of the month, work’s been scarce, and you’ve been spending your time either idling, or toying with your own personal interests.
Overall, it’s been a somewhat long, boring day, and the pub across the street beckons with promises of warm food and good alcohol.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe is sitting at a desk, writing…. something… while looking out the window at the dreary grey sky and depressing clouds.(edited)
Lion Hamster [God] – 09/17/2016
Alice is sitting at her desk muttering over her comlink(edited)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
She leans back in her chair and glances at the others, before returning to her work.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
Sitting in his office, staring out at the gloomy view in front of him Westen couldn’t help but think of the fucked up situation he has ended up in. Swirling the glass of doubleshot whisky in his hand, it seemed like only yesterday he’d woken up in this shithole of a city and felt even worse about having to drag Fi and Sam into this. But isn’t that what friends are for? he thought to himself. Westen quickly washed that thought down with the remainder of his drink.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“Don’t you think it’s a bit of a terrible idea to be drinking so damn much this early?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
You can hear the first drops of rain outside, quickly multiplying as the downpour starts.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe pipes up.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Chloe, if I wanted to get lectured on good habits, I’d call my mother, who might be inclined to agree with me.” Micheal quipped back into his commlink. “No offense by the way” he quickly added.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“But Mister Westennn~….”
Chloe half-whines mockingly.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Although you hear thunder outside, there is no mistaking the sound of the buzzer. Someone’s at the front door of the building. In this horrid weather.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“God dammit. You goin’ to handle that?”
Lion Hamster [God] – 09/17/2016
“I’ll get it”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe connects to the Grid subconciously and looks for the camera.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
Micheal smirks. “Fine. If only for you” he says as he puts the glass away.
Lion Hamster [God] – 09/17/2016
“Who is it anyway” she asks chloe
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“I dunno, you can go check with your commlink or something.”
She stretches and twirls around in her chair.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Fuck it. I’ll handle it myself” Micheal says as he gets up to answer the door.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“Nuh uh.”
She flashes the screen of her commlink, which has a blank screen.
“Haven’t checked.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
A second buzz sounds.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“Everyone needs a commlink.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Look. If they wanted us dead, they would have already busted the door down. Now we can’t be arguing in front of the clients now. Professionalism and all that.”(edited)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“True.”
Chloe chuckles and leans back in her seat.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
At the door, there is a young woman, maybe in her twenties. She’s dressed in an oversized coat with a hood covering a floral print dress and most of her hair. She looks exhausted, and afraid.
“Hello?” she starts hesitantly. “Is this Leverage? I was told you could help me.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“Yes, it is Leverage. How can we help you?” is Chloe’s almost perfunctory response.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She calms down a bit and pulls back the hood, stepping inside.
“It’s my brother. He’s disappeared.” she’ll state, stopping for a moment
“I.. want to hire you to find him.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
She shoots a glance at Alice and Michael.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
Micheal shrugs at the glance. “Yes. What do you think might have happened to him?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
The girl sit down on one of the chairs, and hangs the soaked coat on it.
“I don’t know. He works at the docks, in one of the small manufactories there. Thursday night, he didn’t show up home.”
“It’s not like it’s the first time he hasn’t returned directly home, they’ve had to stay working all night a few times to meet deadlines, but he’d always call.”
She’ll stop for a moment, wringing her hands together on her lap, and looking down.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe nods understandingly along, as if to coax the information out of her.
She searches her body for connections to the Matrix, subconciously.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
(there are none, she doesn’t even seem to have a commlink on her.)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“You left the house in a hurry?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
she’ll look to Alice for a moment. “They haven’t been much help. It will be days before they do anything, and I fear it may be too late by then.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Was there any problems at work? Did he have any enemies?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Then turn to Chloe “Yes. I ran out after a friend pointed me to you”
“None!”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“No matter. Do you have any more details?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“I’ve called his supervisor yesterday.”
“My brother, Edward, left Thursday night and hasn’t shown up for work yesterday. He’s worried for him.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Which manufactury did he work at?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She’ll stop for a moment. “Kanikar Metalworks. It’s on the northeast side of the docks”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe begins to take notes, tapping away on her cyberdeck.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
(In short, Kanikar Metalworks does two things. They supply law enforcement officers with high grade tactical weaponry, doing small batches on order on specification, as well as doing some custom metalwork for tools and the like)
(while they’re small, they have multiple shops across the States, and youv’e heard that they have a number of exclusive contracts.)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
@Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose <noted,>
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“I’m sorry, I haven’t even introduced myself properly.” she’ll note a few moments later. “Aislin Finley.”(edited)
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
Micheal takes a step towards her and produces his Private Investigator’s license. “Micheal Westen, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“Chloe Carsen, his partner in crime. Welcome.”(edited)
She chuckles lightly at this.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“Pleased to meet you.” she’ll offer a watery smile.
“Before we talk further, I have to ask.”
“How much is your going rate? We’re not rich, but at this point, I’ll spend my last coin to make sure my brother is safe.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“I’d say…. how are you with 1250 nuyen, as a flat rate?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She relaxed a bit more. “Yes. I can afford that.” she’ll almost whisper, though you can easily hear her.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Consider it a sliding scale.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She turns around to her coat and pulls out a credstick. “There is five hundred here. I.. brough it as advanced pay. If there is anything else I can tell you that can help you find him, anything, please, ask.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
‘Lets, uhh, hope that it doesn’t come to that"
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe chuckles. “We’ll get him back for you, don’t you worry.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She looks at Alice for a moment, and her hand goes to her side by reflex. “Oh. I knew I forgot something when I ran out. Do you have a pen and some paper? I’ll write it down.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She’ll write down her commlink adress, as well as a home adress, and a few extra bits of information. “This is the adress where the manufactory is. The supervisor is Darell Hames, you’ll recognize him easily, he rarely leaves. I can call him ahead to tell that you’ll be coming…?”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“No thank you, thats entirely unnecessary. Do you know if your brother was having any trouble at work? Was there a stressful deadline that the plant had to meet?”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe gives Michael a hard stare, knowing what he’s implying.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“None, in fact he told me the workers went celebrating last weekend, they delivered a major shipment ahead of time and got bonuses for it.”
“One of his coworkers dragged him home, half asleep, but a smile a mile wide on his face.” she’ll remember. “We finally managed to buy a new fridge and stove then.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
She gives a small sigh of relief.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Hm. Is there anything else that you might think help us in finding him?”(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She’ll think for a minute. “No… I’m not su… well, I’m not sure if it will help but…”
“There is a shop on the Atlantic Boulevard strip, some halfway between the docks and the city, that a friend of his works in. He visits there a few times a month to buy some imports from back home.”
She’ll take the paper again and write down an adress. “Mickey is the name of the proprietor. I don’t know anything else about it to be honest.”(edited)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“…That will help a lot. Thank you.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
she’ll nod.
The storm outside has pretty much reached a crescendo. Between rainfall and thunder and wind, it would be rather unwise to go outside.
“I will.”
(Chloe, you can hear chatter across the matrix about the shittiest weather in weeks.)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
(Hah!)
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“I think we’re done here for now. We will keep you updated with any news that we find.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“Thank you.” she’ll get up, and start putting on her coat. “Thankfully, I parked nearby. Hopefully there won’t be any trouble getting home.”
She’ll put the hood back over her head and scurry out. In the not so far distance you see her car, some battered old model that’s a bit difficult to recognize in the horrid weather, but she doesn’t seem to have any trouble starting it up and driving off.
The automatic gate at the entrance to the Bainbridge commune opens to let her through, before closing behind her.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe hums and sighs.
“So, case. Great. Where the hell do we start? Seems a mess.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“So. I vote we check out his friend’s place and his work tomorrow.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“Good, good. Sharp as ever.”
“I could indeed. What do you want me to look up?”
“Hmm, we’d have to go and look for his place of work first.”
“See if he had a terminal there.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Your contact informs you that the package will be at the usual site tomorrow at noon.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe looks up Kanikar Metalworks on her commlink.
To check whether her local knowledge served her well.
She nods, and closes it.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
(Alright, anything else for October 12th before we call it a day? As in day ingame, not end of session :P)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“Dug up some interestin’ things on Kanikar, but nothing general enough to give us any pointers.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Interesting. I’m going to pursue my information the only way I know how” Micheal says. “Hey Sam, Fi. I just got a new client. Up for a celebration?” Micheal says into his commlink.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“Sure.” you’ll get a short response from Sam. “Where and when?”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Sunken City, and about 30 minutes from now. Don’t worry, drinks are one me tonight” Micheal responded. “Your more than welcome to join me if you want” he asked Chole and Alice.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
it’s around 20:00 by now.
Storm seems to be calming down.

Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“Of course. Lucky you, Michael, surrounded by the ladies everywhere you go.”
She gives him a small wink with her scarred eye.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
By the time you’re ready to leave, the rain is still falling, but the wind and thunder seem to have calmed down. You won’t get soaked badly if you go outside.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
Micheal holds out his arm in a loop. “Always a pleasure to be accompanied by my favorite decker. Just don’t tell Fi, she gets explosively jealous”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe laughs softly. “Come on, Alice, you don’t wanna be left behind, do ya?”
She takes his arm and holds one out for Alice.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
The rain’s thinned out considerably outside. You can see the lights coming out of the pub’s windows, and the neon sign is easily visible. There doesn’t seem to be anyone coming or leaving at the moment, but given the weather, that’s not too surprising.
Inside though is a different story
There seems to be a few small groups of guests chatting and drinking beer. In the background you can hear the sound of the jukebox, playing some song from last century that you’re having a bit of trouble placing at the moment. A cloud of cigar smoke seems to cling to the ceiling.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
In one of the back corners, near the balacony, you spot Sam and Fi sitting. Cold beer and some cocktail, in that order.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
As a tactful choice, Chloe is no longer holding on to Michael’s arm.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Sam looks like he’s in a foul mood, but Fiona seems almost cheerful. A moment’s turn reveals Lenard, the bartender, cleaning some glasses.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe gives the entire room a quick once-over, looking for Matrix entry points.
She waves.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Sam waves back while Fiona is busy with her drink. You don’t really spot any entry points here, the entire pub is analogue.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Sam! Fi! How’ve you both been?” Micheal says as he disengages from both of the women he entered with. “Whats wrong Sam? Lady friend not taking your calls again?” Micheal snidly remarks.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Sam seems annoyed. “She fled the country. Turns out she was embezzling.”
Fi moves to the side to make room for Michael. The rest of you manage to find places around the table, and it’s seconds later that a server shows up to ask for your drinks.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Ah well. They come, they go. I’m sure you’ll find someone new to latch onto. The Ol ’Sam Axe charm never fails.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
He’ll grin slightly.
“Sure will.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe orders a favorite complex mixed drink of hers, with a low alcohol content, but plenty of kick through other sources.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“By the way Mike, what’s this about a client?”(edited)
Fiona doesn’t seem to be much in a mood for talking tonight.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“I’ll just take a shot of whiskey neat please. Yeah it’s nothing high profile, just a missing person” Micheal responded. “Something wrong FI?” Micheal asks with a raised eyebrow.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“Long week.” she’ll murmur between sips. “Going legit is more annoying than I expected.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe sips on her drink and turns to Alice. “Ya seem quiet today.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Don’t worry. It’ll pay off quick. Anyway, these are the nice people I get to work with, Alice and Chloe” Micheal says.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chole turns back, and extends a hand. “Chloe Carsen. Michael’s decker.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Fiona will just nod, before plopping down on Michael.
Sam will grin and give his hand.“Sam Axe, Michael’s friend”(edited)
Continuing with your regularly scheduled broadcasting
(edited)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe chuckles. “Are we basing out personalities off Michael now?”
“I live three hundred feet to the left of Michael.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“Looks like it. Not a bad guy to pick though.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
She laughs lightly again.
“My moral compass is a bit more wonky than Michael’s.”
“Your go.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“I seem to be better at not attracting trouble than Michael.” he’l respond with a grin, before waving Lenard over for another beer. Moments later, said beer arrives.
The night continues, with drinks flowing freely, chatter continuing, and very frequent laughter.
At some point, you realize that it’s morning, and that you’re oddly enough mostly in your own apartments. And that everyone except Sam, who seems to have fallen asleep in a chair in the office, and Michael, who really didn’t drink much, has a hangover.
It’s not too horrible, but you wouldn’t call it pleasant.
October 13th, Sunday
It’s noon by the time everyone wakes up to the smell of coffe wafting up from the office.
Outside, the weather has cleared up entirely, and a bright, blue sky greets you.
You manage to pick up your gear without problems and return to the office.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Alright. While everyone recovers from amateur hour, I’m gonna make some calls” Micheal says as he walks into his office and closes the door. ‘Hey Sam, you up yet?" Micheal says as he taps on his commlink.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Michel enters the office to the sight of Sam drinking coffee
“Yeah, kinda.” he’ll offer with a grin. “You’re up a bit late Mike.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe chuckles and pulls on her clothes, entering the office still pulling her shirt on, then blushes.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Well, I need to pick your brain about some things related to my current case. Turns out the missing guy. Turned out that he worked for Kanikar Metalworks and just disappeared out of thin air. You know anyone over there?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
Sam will think for a moment. “I got a buddy on the force who checked them out a while back, but they’re squeaky clean. Taxes paid to the last dime, no criminal involvment, nothing.”
“It’s odd really.”
“People don’t do business that cleanly.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Think thery’re dirty?”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Still a bit red in the face, Chloe has a seat near them.
“No one’s really clean when you check them out on the spot. Everyone leaves trails no matter how good they are.”(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“I’m not sure.” he’ll say. “The exclusive contracts they got sound too good to have been acquired through normal channels. But it doesn’t seem like they do anything else.”
“Could be.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Well, thanks anway Sam. I owe ya one
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“I doubt you’ll find anything locally though. Their headquarters aren’t in Boston.”
“Yeah, no problem Mike. Call me if you need me.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Likewise. Looks like Fi’s gettin a little antsy. I’ll make sure she doesn’t do anything irrational.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Alright. So where do you think we should head out to first? I say hit his friend’s place first.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
“What’s so shady about them?”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Like Sam said, they seem almost too good to be true”
“If anything, the friend might be willing to give us some advice on how to approach the workplace. Would seem weird if we just appeared on site asking questions.”
“Yeah. We need to learn as much as we can about these people”
“If they are smugglers, I know someone who might know”
“Mind leaving the room? I’d prefer to keep this one private”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
Chloe leaves the room as per Michael’s instruction.
She connects to the grid in her own room and watches over the compelx for a while.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Hey Fi, got a couple of questions bout my new case if you’re willing to answer em” Micheal says as he taps his commlink.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She responds fairly quickly. “Sure, go ahead”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Heard anything about Kanikar Metalworks? Sam led me to believe they’re not totally on the up and up and I need to get your perspective on em. They’re my missing person’s current employer.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“They make guns for cops. And they’re really picky about who they do custom work for.” she’ll say after a few moments. “A few people I know tried to get things from them, only to be politely refused.”(edited)
“Ah, one more thing. All of their work has tracking chips installed.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“So lets say, as a purely thought experiment, if you were going to intercept one of these packages all you had to do is track the chip?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“If you had the right frequency. I’m not sure whether they activate chips before or after turning them over though.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Well, thanks anyway, I owe ya one. I’m planning on heading over to Kanikar to talk to the guys supervisor. You’re more than welcome to tag along if you want.”(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
“Sure.” she’ll cut off. You recieve a location moments later, at one of the train stations at the docks.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Hey, I’m gonna head over to his job. Perhaps I might learn something there
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
She’ll respond quickly. “Hello. I don’t really know much. All I know is that he imports goods from Ireland.”
“No, not really. Edward used to bring a paper bag from there. It usually contained whiskey and cheese. I don’t know what else he imports.”(edited)
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Ireland? Hmm. I would at least like to eliminate the workplace first. I got some ideas about the importer.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/17/2016
<do>
Through the commlink.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
Micheal openly sighs. “Okay, but I hold no responsibility if anything happens. Whats the importer’s name?” <try><pure>
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/17/2016
“Hey Fi, change of plan. Looks like we’re investigating an Irish importer that might be connected to the missing person. Thought it would be more interesting than some workplace sitcom.” Micheal says as he steps back into his office and closes the door. He then gives Fi the name of the importer.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/17/2016
<they><in>
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
<thanks>
“I’m gonna borrow a suit from a friend. You need to find something that will draw the least amount of attention to yourself. I don’t need you standing out too much.”(edited)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
“What would that be like? I was never one for fashion. Or, like. Antifashion, as the case may be.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Do you have anything plain? If not, I can ask Fi if she has a spare. Gonna need to wrinkle it up though, make it look like you’ve been working long hours. At least that’ll give you an excuse not to talk to anyone. Just put on your best grumpy face you can and just look like you’d rather be everywhere else but there”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
“Ah, I have a plain dress. A really dumpy grey, but still formal enough.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Sure, that’ll work”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
“What do I do about this scar?”
She blushes a bit, pointing at the scar.

“Usually I’m rather proud of it. It’s even defined with eyeliner right now.”
She chuckles.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Eh. I’d prefer for you to leave it. Gives you the sense of character. Anyone brings it up, I’ll just tell em to stop bothering the poor decker”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
She chuckles.
“AL-right.”(edited)
“Let’s do this.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
Monday, October 14th
It’s morning, and time for the inspection. It’s around 09:00, the skies are overcast, and you still have about twenty minutes before you have to go. Jesse came through a bit more than expected, and there’s a car waiting parked outside the office, as well as a briefcase with some very official looking documents, courtesy of Barry.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“So what do you guys have planned for our poor inspectors today?” Michael asks as he leafs through the paperwork in the briefcase.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
Jesse responds
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
Chloe whistles along, her grey, official, boring looking dress sharply contrasting her inquisitive face.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
“Oh, problems with traffic, being inspected by the police for illegal substances, the usual.”
Jesse responds
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“You sure do know how to do the job right. How long do we have to slip in and out?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
“We’ll probably be able to buy you an hour. I’ll keep in touch”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
“So you have to tell me exactly what to do, Michael. You’re the top sneak around here. I’m just a programmer.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
The papers in the briefcase are fairly complete, and include an solid amount of additional papers whose use you’re not particularly sure of, as well as two IDs with your pictures
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Your gonna need to at least spoof your identity to match the ID and just poke and prod around in their system. Perhaps do a little testing of their security system to check for holes”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
She nervously twirls some hair around a finger.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Don’t worry, if I start musing about plans for dinner thats the passphrase to get the fuck out”
“We only have an hour so we need to get going asap”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
“Right away, Westen, sir.”
She grins and follows on.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
The trip doesn’t take long. You realize fairly quickly that something odd is going on as the train doesn’t seem to be going and there is a line a mile long heading towards town, while only a small handful of cars trickle towards the docks.(edited)
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“So Jesse, if these guys are dirty what should some red flags be?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
“Paperwork? You’re public safety. Check spending on security systems, fire alarms, maintenance on machinery, and the overall paperwork dealing with it. If it’s too small or too large, that should point out a red flag. If some of the safety systems aren’t working, it’s another obvious one.”
“Talk to personel, check for events, for anything out of place. They should be used to thorough inspections on the premises.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Thanks. Keep me updated” Michael said as he strolled into the lobby of Kanikar.(edited)
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
Chloe arranges her face into a bored expression.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
You enter a small entrance office. A clerk is sitting at the reception desk, and to the left you see what is most likely the entrance to a decontamination chamber.
“Hello. Can I help you?” she asks. Elf, in her late thirties. Sharply dressed, hair up in a bun, and rimless glasses.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
Michael strolls in and makes a bee-line for the desk. “Hello. Inspectors Weathersen and Bernard here for the monthly visit” Michael says mechanically and methodically as he presents the IDs to the secretary.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
Chloe presents her with a purely perfunctory smile.
She subconciously looks for entrances to the grid with her Living Persona.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
She takes the ID, types a few things into the small tablet she was working on., while taking a look at the two of you. She doesn’t seem suspicious.
“It looks fine. Let me get the Supervisor, he will be taking you on a tour of the premises. Just a small reminder, commlinks can’t connect inside the production area, we use an isolated landline for communication.”
Chloe finds only a single public access point. There’s a private one but it has the strongest defense she’s seen in her life and ridiculously heavy encryption.

Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
Naturally she pokes at it, curious and confident, but immediately recoils, and hops into the grid through the public access point, looking for the terminals she found in the dump file, as well as Edward’s specific terminal the the supervisor’s.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
You realise that all of the terminals are on the public grid. Defenses are passive, and fairly light. Most of the terminals are down, but it seems Edward’s is still online and has been for the past 72 hours. Roll hack to access.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
Chloe walks into the system and dumps all data to her deck.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
Edward’s terminal is on. You locate a few things of interest on it, a secure line set towards home, a number of searches dealing with physics and aerodynamics, as well as some fairly odd calculations you can’t make sense of. Title states “Recomputation of dump data Rec/Acc/Pen”.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
She makes an mental note to analyse it later, then walks out of the system towards the Supervisor’s icon.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
Supervisor is behind a very ugly looking firewall. Military grade.
you realise it’s the sole point
of connection between the public grid and the private lan grid
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
<god> Through the image link.
You notice that Chloe is concentrating on something but she’s not looking anywhere near her deck.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“We will be waiting over here for now” Michael says to the secretary as he grabs Cat’s arm and tugs slightly hard towards the entrance. “Wait on it. We may not need to go that deep. Consider it our last and final resort” Michael whispers to Chloe.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
In fact, the deck is still clipped to her belt, but she’s still communicating through Michael’s image link.
<affirmative.>
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
Within five minutes, a hiss of the decon chamber announces that the supervisor has arrived.
Darell Hames, you realize quickly, looks haggard. He’s dressed in jeans that have a fair collection of oil spills on them as well as a jacket, combined with a safety helmet and goggles. His mood, though he is obviously exhausted, is fairly normal.
“Inspectors? Darell Hames. Let’s get along with the inspection, I’m afraid I have deadlines to meet. Clarice? Did they have all the proper paperwork?”
The clerk nods. “Everything seems in order. They’re public safety.”
“Ah. Alright then. You’ll need access, and safety gear. Anything you need to know before we go in?”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Mr Hames, there is one point of concern from our office. They have certain questions they want answered as quickly as possible with up-to-date information directly from the field. In order to accomplish this, I will need the full usage of my commlink within the facility. I understand your need for safety and security, but this this request is above my head. I’m sure that you can understand the need to keep my supervisors satisfied” Micheal says matter-of-factly.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
He looks at you, clearly unimpressed. “The idiots back in office didn’t provide you with one of the disposable tunnel keys we send this morning?”
“For cripe’s sake. Clarice, disable the keys from this morning, and give them a fresh one. I’m sorry, we can’t allow more than one to be active at a time. The channel is encrypted, however, you won’t be able to send video feed.”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
“That’s in the contracts.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Thank you. Your compliance will be properly noted in my report. Our office apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused” Micheal responds.(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
It takes another two minutes before a file arrives to your commlink.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Are cyberdecks allowed? Miss Bernard does require the use of hers in order to complete her assignment”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
“She won’t be able to link outside, but diagnostic tools should be fine.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Understandable. Please, lead the way”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
He turns around and walks over to a nearby locker, removing two sets of coats and helmets. “Keep these on at all times. It’s fairly safe inside, but regulations are regulations.”
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
Chloe nods, and places them on.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
He steps towards the decon chamber. “Clarice, if anyone comes in unannounced, schedule them for later.”
The door opens with a hiss and he goes in.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
“Of course. My supervisors look forward to Kanikar’s continued excellence and clean bill of health, so to speak of” Micheal says as he puts on the required gear.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
You follow inside. The decon chamber is quickly cleans you and you step into the production area. You notice 3 major machines whose purpose isn’t exactly clear, but they seem to work with metal, as well as 5 separate workbenchs
to the back of the large hall, there is a small office.
Cat – Seas of Westfall 5e GM – 09/24/2016
<can>
The message pops up on his image link.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – 09/24/2016
<not> Michael then sends the pictures to Fi and Jesse <know>(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – 09/24/2016
you get a response not a minute later from Jesse <that><gonna> He tells one fly-spy to loiter and stay hidden near Michael, and record on all sensors, then hops into cold-sim and rigs into the other.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 11:39 AM
Michael will head down the path that has the most opportunities to kidnap someone.
CoachBen84 – Last Sunday at 11:42 AM
Kaimyn lingers in the intersection and watches Michael wander off, he rhythmically opens and closes his fingers
Flodos – Last Sunday at 11:44 AM
Schulz follows Michael with some distance, keeping him in his sight but no more.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 11:44 AM
You pick the middle path. There’s plenty of spots where someone could stage an ambush, but the area is empty.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 11:44 AM
He radio’s to Kaimyn ‘You could take another route to cover ground, this one seems clear.’
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 11:45 AM
The rain slowly thickens. Michael slowly makes his way in the general direction of Mickey’s store, but for now you see nothing.
Another few minutes pass in silence, as you all slowly advance.
Everyone except Schulz is slightly startled by the flash of lightning. In the distance, atop a building, you can see an indistinct shape against the flash. It’s there only for a moment, and by the time you look again it is gone.
For those who noticed, the shape almost looked canine.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 11:53 AM
“H-hello? Is anyone there?” Michael calls out to the wind.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 11:54 AM
You barely manage to outshout the wind, but no response comes.
Uruz – Last Sunday at 11:55 AM
Leonard flits up, trying to get a good reading on what he thinks he saw. He starts flipping between the camera and ultrasound.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 11:55 AM
Schulz aims down the alleyway ahead of Michael and whispers into his commlink to him ‘Sehen sie etwas? …Scheisse, I mean: do you see something?’
CoachBen84 – Last Sunday at 11:55 AM
Noticing the bright flash, Kaimyn lifts his arms to the sides and levitates up into the air to get a better view of the scene
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 11:56 AM
Although there is nothing there now, you manage to actually isolate the spot where whatever the shape was stood.
it’s a bit away
but you can get there in a couple of minutes if you’re careful
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 12:16 PM
Kaimyn manages to get to the rooftops. It’s a bit slippery with all the rain falling, and there really isn’t much to be seen unless you want to reach the spot.
(What is everyone else doing?)
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 12:17 PM
Michael’s just trying to look like a good patsy
Uruz – Last Sunday at 12:17 PM
Leonard is still trying to trace along the rooftops, trying to figure if what he saw was a sensor ghost or a dog or something else.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 12:18 PM
Schulz is scanning the alleyway for threats, waiting for Michael to fill him in on what’s going on
Uruz – Last Sunday at 12:21 PM
Giving up, Leonard circles back. <you> he pings to Michael.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 12:23 PM
<nah.>(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 12:23 PM
After spending a while searching, you realize you’re finding nothing here. That is, until you reach a sharp turn and notice a large number of bullet holes in a wall.
Uruz – Last Sunday at 12:25 PM
Leonard tosses an order to the other fly to set up a box search in the immediate area and look for any weapons or people nearby.
He starts doing the same.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 12:26 PM
Schulz takes a closer look at the holes, seeing if he can make out the caliber or type of ammo used
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 12:26 PM
A cursory look at the area shows that a firefight definitely occured here.
(Roll any knowledges you may have related to combat, tactics or gangs)
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 12:26 PM
<stay>(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 12:32 PM
A deeper look at the area identifies that there have been two groups engaged in a firefight, less than a week ago. If you had to hazard a guess, given the holes along the entire alley, the slabs of concrete used for cover, extensive damage to several walls, it was two gangs shooting at each other with small arms, most likely pistols and semi automatics. Considering the damage to walls, burnt areas, a single grenade was used, as well as several molotov cocktails
You can’t tell if anyone died, since the rain washed away the blood, and there’s no bodies but…
there’s something on the ground near a place where one group started retreating.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 12:34 PM
‘They certainly enjoyed themselves here. I hope this is relevant.’ Schulz follows the trails and picks up the object
CoachBen84 – Last Sunday at 12:35 PM
Kaimyn crouches down to the ground for a good koom
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 12:35 PM
It’s a piece of half burned plastic wrap, with a logo on it. You can read about half the first word, “Kani”, and the logo is recognizable enough as that of the Kanikar Metalworks manufactory.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 12:36 PM
‘Michael, I have found something. You have said the Kanikar factory was involved in the missing person, yes?’ he shows the logo to Michael.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 12:37 PM
“Yeah, but next time don’t break character. Don’t know entirely what it means, but I am only certain I could have used it a day or two ago” Michael says as he shoves the item into his pocket. “Lets keep going”(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 12:39 PM
(Roll tracking please.)
Flodos – Last Sunday at 12:39 PM
Schulz nods and resumes his watch.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 12:45 PM
You manage to keep track of the firefight as it progressed. It seems one group started retreating due northwest, further into the ruined areas, while the other was in pursuit for a little bit, as evidenced by some more bullet holes, but they gave up soon after
the track quickly leaves open streets and goes into buildings, where tracking becomes easier. You quickly start spotting traces of dried blood
There were around 5 people in the group from what you can tell, but it’s an educated guess at best
The area hasnt’ seen much use, and you’re guessing that the people who passed used it solely as a passage, rather than a base of any sort.
Finally, you reach what you suspect might be the end of the line. What was once the top floor of a building, and is now probably a refuge of sorts for the group you’ve been tracking. You’re two floors down, but there don’t seem to be any tracks indicating that anyone left, or that anyone else arrived, and the rain doesn’t seem to be coming in enough to wash away the blood stains you notice on a few spots.Aside for the wind and rain, you can hear no other sounds.
The way up is via stairs.
Uruz – Last Sunday at 12:50 PM
Leonard is still engrossed in the search, not realising the others have moved on.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 12:52 PM
“Well, looks like the only way ahead is up through there. Hopefully Ed hasn’t fallen victim to any of this, but they might know what happened to him. Heads on swivels everyone” Michael says.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 12:53 PM
Schulz pings him ‘Shall I maintain distance, or do you want close support?’
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 12:54 PM
“Come in close. I predict we’re gonna find something looking for a fight.”
Uruz – Last Sunday at 12:55 PM
<sorry.> Leonard calls the other drone back to its previous loiter command, and starts buzzing towards the stairs.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 12:55 PM
<leonard,> He jacks out, tells the flies to return, and boots up Thing 1 and Thing 2.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 12:56 PM
He gets next to Michael, selecting the stun ammo on his rifle <non-lethal>(edited)
CoachBen84 – Last Sunday at 12:57 PM
Kaimyn follows behind Schulz, watching over his shoulder
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 12:57 PM
“Alright. We’re gonna sit tight until Leonard brings in our flying friends. Then we move in. If we find anyone whos willing to talk, let me take the lead”
Uruz – Last Sunday at 12:57 PM
The rotodrones whirr to life and lift towards the Strip.
He’s a flurry of activity at the moment, switching programs and setting up command sequences for the drones. Leonard loves this stuff.

sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 12:58 PM
It takes a minute or two, but you’re all ready, and on the floor below. Michael feels that there is some small amount of motion upstairs.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 12:59 PM
<should>
Uruz – Last Sunday at 1:00 PM
Leonard dives in and starts an exterior sweep of the building with ultrasound and motion sensors.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:01 PM
<no.>(edited)
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:15 PM
(Ok, while they’re going over rules, do you peeps have a plan?)
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:15 PM
(I’m planning on going in not-aggressive at all. We’re not here to bust up gangers, just looking for someone)
CoachBen84 – Last Sunday at 1:16 PM
I’m planning to keep my head down unless things really go bonkers
And stay close to the group
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:16 PM
(weapon drawn, but pointed away, ready to defend us or take out a runner, but not overly agressive)(edited)
Uruz – Last Sunday at 1:16 PM
(follow michael, stick-and-shock anything that does angry things.)
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:19 PM
Michael heads up the stairs, looking directly at where he detected the single person.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:20 PM
Schulz follows, eyes on a swivel
Uruz – Last Sunday at 1:20 PM
Two angry beehives of noise loiter for a moment, then bring up the rear.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:22 PM
You climn up and straight into a wide open room covering the entire floor. It’s dark here, and the only real source of light is the ocasional flash of lightning. It doesn’t stop you from seeing what happened here.
Michael spots the source of the “movement”, a scared out of his mind man shivering in one of the corners, barely there.
It’s only then that you see the bodies.
Tossed around the room, there’s four dead bodies, all of them with cauterized, no, seared wounds to their necks, chests, arms.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:24 PM
Micheal immediatly motions of Schulz to lower his weapon and to have Leonards drones disengage
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:25 PM
After that, you spot something else strange. In a far corner, you spot a dog, sitting very calmly next to another body that isn’t moving but seems otherwise uninjured
CoachBen84 – Last Sunday at 1:25 PM
Kaimyn starts to gag and barely manages to hold it back
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:25 PM
Schulz does so, keeping between the man and the exit while his rifle is slung onhis back. He keeps a close watch on the guy.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:27 PM
“Hello? We’re not here to hurt you at all, we’re just looking for the brother of this person” Michael says calmly as he projects the image of Aislin on the wall. “We’re looking for a man named Edward. Have you seen him?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:27 PM
He isn’t responding. He’s just muttering something you can’t make out
Lightning flashes again, and a side look reveals that the body the dog is sitting next to looks very much like Edward.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:29 PM
“Fuck”
CoachBen84 – Last Sunday at 1:29 PM
“I don’t trust that dog…”
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:29 PM
Schulz checks the bodies one by one for cause of death or perhaps wounded
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:29 PM
All dead. Wounds are from bites that seared the wound closed.
There’s traces of something metallic being dragged across the ground as well. You can’t quite tell what.
Also, the dog is watching you very carefully.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:30 PM
Michael is going to tepidly approach the man and the dog. “Sir, if I may ask, who are you?”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:31 PM
The man doesn’t seem conscious, but the dog doesn’t look agressive as you aproach. You notice a very light head wound. He was probably knocked out.
Uruz – Last Sunday at 1:31 PM
Leonard switches to thermals, trying to get a read on the body by the dog.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:31 PM
The body is a complete void of heat. it’s not simply background temperature, it’s pitch black
A burst of wind comes through, carrying a few drops of rain inside
A few of them hit the dog and instantly evaporate with a hiss
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:33 PM
Schulz, noticing that the survivor has passed out, readies his weapon again, training on the hound.
Uruz – Last Sunday at 1:33 PM
<the><permission>
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:34 PM
you’re noticing normal body temperature.
Michael starts to hear the soft sound of breathing.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:34 PM
<look.><don’t.>
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:37 PM
For a moment, the dog’s muscles tense, as it prepares to leap outside.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:37 PM
< rapid-fire german cursing >
Schulz fires a 3 round burst of stick-and-shock at the dog
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:38 PM
For a moment, you realize you’re not seeing the mastif, but something else. Your minds refuse to process it, but the mage among you sees a terrifying image of a towering beast, easily as large as a grizzly bear, wreathed in chains and green flames. It’s mottled black fur is covered in blood.
And in another moment, as you’re reeling back, the dog is gone.
CoachBen84 – Last Sunday at 1:39 PM
“Whoa! The wind has taken this one…”
Uruz – Last Sunday at 1:40 PM
Leonard flips the floods on, switches to optic.
<lets>
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:40 PM
Schulz lowers his weapon, amidst more cursing. He rushes over to Ed’s body, checking its state
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:41 PM
<yeah.> Micheal responds, obviously shaken
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:41 PM
You recognize that the unconscious body you found is definitely Edward, and aside for being a bit roughed up, with a very slight injury to the temple where someone probably hit him, seems to be ok(edited)
You realize something else. The other person in the room that was muttering is also gone.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:42 PM
‘He lives. We’re going, now! ’ He hauls the body onto his shoulders and lets the others lead to the exit
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:42 PM
“Anyone know any way to get him concious? We need to get him to the hospital as well”
“Couldn’t have put it better myself”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:44 PM
Your orderly-somewhat-panicked tactical relocation passes without incident. It takes you the better part of twenty minutes to get out of the ruins and reach your van, but you’re out, you’re safe, and you have Edward with you. And best of all, none of you are dead.
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:45 PM
“Alright. Someone needs to take him to the hospital. I’ll check in with the sister right now”
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:46 PM
The weather outside is worse than when you first came in, but thankfully, the roads are still safe. You can easily get to either the emergency care clinic at the docks, or a more proper hospital downtown
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:46 PM
‘No need, I have a healing module in the back. We can keep him secure untill he wakes, then question him.’ Schulz explains as he loads the unconscious target into the Valkrie module
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:46 PM
“Let me check in with the sister first to see what she wants”
“Hey Aislin, good news. We found Ed. He seems to be alright, although we found him unconcious but breathing and it looks like he took a nasty hit on the head. What do you want us to do with him? I have a reliable friend that can take care of him or we can deliver him to a hospital. It’s entirely up to you” Michael says into his commlink.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:49 PM
She’s connected within seconds. “You’ve found him?” her voice is extremely hopeful, and as soon as you’ve confirmed you can feel the load falling off her back.
“Please, take him to the hospital. Insurance can thankfully cover anything. Just tell me where you’re taking him so I can come immediately.”
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:51 PM
“Alright. Please let us talk to him when he’s awake. I have a few questions for him when he’s ready. It’s not part of any investigation, I just want to find out what happened to him” Michael says. ‘Alright the sister wants us to deliver him to the hospital. We’ll meet up in the morning to see how to proceed"
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:52 PM
‘Clear. How much will this job pay us?’
Tom| Wielder of the Tainted Rose – Last Sunday at 1:54 PM
“Shes paying us 1250 nuyen. I know it might not seem much, but I’m sure we’ll hit something lucrative….eventually….” Michael’s voice trails off as he gets on his bike and drives back to his apartment.
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:55 PM
The ride goes smoothly towards the rebuilt Boston Medical Center, the currently largest hospital in the city. As you depart the Atlantic Boulevard and enter the warm night lights of downtown Boston, the weather calms down. There’s still a light rain falling, but it feels welcoming. The cold opressive atmopshere of whatever it was you encountered back there is soon a memory.
Soon enough, you deliver Edward to the hospital. The doctors ask the usual questions, and you tell a few white lies. A flash of the PI identification, and explanation abotu his formerly missing person status convinces them not to ask too many questions.
Flodos – Last Sunday at 1:57 PM
Schulz delivers the unconscious Ed without revealing the modifications to hisvehicle, but before he does, he turns to the mage ‘Can you check our passenger for any magics? I do not like this whole situation, how do we know he is not an impostor?’
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:59 PM
(you find none)
Uruz – Last Sunday at 1:59 PM
<do> Leonard pipes up over comms. <sergeant>
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 1:59 PM
However, on return to the van, you spot something that fell off Edward. An amulet of sorts, made of a small metal plate, tied to a long string of leather
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 2:00 PM
you’re fairly certain that there was something on it, but whatever it was, it got burnt off.
The trip back has you setting it aside for now, and a few pints in the Sunken City resolve the remainder of tonight’s troubles
Flodos – Last Sunday at 2:00 PM
I apologize, I had completely forgotten about you, Leonard! Perhaps if you had assisted in any useful way, I might have remembered…(edited)
Uruz – Last Sunday at 2:01 PM
Hey, I got the lights, didn’t I?
sdebeli – Pathfinder/Shadowrun – Last Sunday at 2:01 PM
AAAAnd you bickered into the night
End session. Case closed.

View
Welcome to your campaign!
A blog for your campaign

Wondering how to get started? Here are a few tips:

1. Invite your players

Invite them with either their email address or their Obsidian Portal username.

2. Edit your home page

Make a few changes to the home page and give people an idea of what your campaign is about. That will let people know you’re serious and not just playing with the system.

3. Choose a theme

If you want to set a specific mood for your campaign, we have several backgrounds to choose from. Accentuate it by creating a top banner image.

4. Create some NPCs

Characters form the core of every campaign, so take a few minutes to list out the major NPCs in your campaign.

A quick tip: The “+” icon in the top right of every section is how to add a new item, whether it’s a new character or adventure log post, or anything else.

5. Write your first Adventure Log post

The adventure log is where you list the sessions and adventures your party has been on, but for now, we suggest doing a very light “story so far” post. Just give a brief overview of what the party has done up to this point. After each future session, create a new post detailing that night’s adventures.

One final tip: Don’t stress about making your Obsidian Portal campaign look perfect. Instead, just make it work for you and your group. If everyone is having fun, then you’re using Obsidian Portal exactly as it was designed, even if your adventure log isn’t always up to date or your characters don’t all have portrait pictures.

That’s it! The rest is up to your and your players.

View

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.